Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does any one know how to load image array to external flash ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jestin_cubetech

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have purchased a lpc1788 Development kit.

LPC1788 cortex-M3 512 kB of flash memory, 96 kB of data memory

HY-LPC1788-Development Board Features

JTAG connector ( 2*10 pin 2.00mm ) for programming/debugging with ARM-JTAG.
LCD interface with backlight and TouchPanel circuit 800 * 480 7" inch TFT LCD touch screen.
on board 256Mbit EEPROM memory

on board EMC 32MB 32bit data bus SDRAM
on board EMC 128M NAND FLASH memory
on board EMC 8MB NOR FLASH memory
on board 2MB SPI FLASH memory

https://www.hotmcu.com/hylpc1788core-p-40.html

8bit color depth image display example using internal flash 512KB.

16bit color image array is not work with internal flash.

.\obj\project.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching main.o(.constdata).
.\obj\project.axf: Error: L6407E: Sections of aggregate size 0xbb83c bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).

does any one know how to load image array to external flash ?

Last edited:

Did you try to contact product support?

Do you have product manual?

Sometimes cheap products become very expensive.

.\obj\project.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching main.o(.constdata).
.\obj\project.axf: Error: L6407E: Sections of aggregate size 0xbb83c bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).

Above error tell that your data array is too big, so not enough RAM.

It's very simple to save an image in external memory (flash or SD card), 16 bit image is just a byte array, each pixel is encoded by 2 byte, so to save an image in a memory, you just to save a byte array.

A JPEG image is started with 0xFF 0xD8 and ended with 0xFF 0xD9.

j-link and target memory settings for lpc1788 with 32MB 32bit SDRAM,8 MB NOR FLash, 128MB NAND FLASH

// image array
const unsigned short _acimage_1[] __attribute__((at(0x8000000))) = {

};

***JLink Error: Could not find CFI compliant flash device Target system has not enough RAM.

how do i declare an array in external flash ?

You can use a hex File Editor, and a PC based VB facility to dump the bitmap onto NAND or NOR flash, Whichever the one you have.
And, You can verify if the bitmap has been properly loaded into the External Flash, by checking the *.map file.

- - - Updated - - -

You can use a hex File Editor, and a PC based VB facility to dump the bitmap onto NAND or NOR flash, Whichever the one you have.
And, You can verify if the bitmap has been properly loaded into the External Flash, by checking the *.map file.

j-link and target memory settings for lpc1788 with 32MB 32bit SDRAM,8 MB NOR FLash, 128MB NAND FLASH

// image array
const unsigned short _acimage_1[] __attribute__((at(0x8000000))) = {

};

***JLink Error: Could not find CFI compliant flash device Target system has not enough RAM.

how do i declare an array in external flash ?

Hi, I have the same problem. I have a HY-LPC1788-Development Board and I need storage bmp array in external flash. Please let me know if you could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.