Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Documents about port definition in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hfss microstrip port width

hello
i am a new user of ansoft HFSS V10. can anyone guide me on where i can find some examples on simulating a microstrip waveguide on HFSS?

Thanks in advance

tem waveguide hfss

I have used waveguide port extensively in my simulations. The trick is to get the TEM modes of the waveguide to couple to the MS-line or a similar waveguide.

Here is what I do:

I draw the MS line (XY plane, X directed) on the substrate as a PEC boundary, and the ground plane (also a PEC boundary)

Then I draw a copper cube touching one end of the MS line. Size of this is about 3 times the width (Y) of the MS-line, height (Z) about the 3 times the MS line width but the thickness (x) is truvial. (I'll tell you how to optimize this)

The face of the copper cube touching MS line and the substrate is now selected to define a waveguide port.

Optimizing the Port Size
Before going for full simulation, you may do port simulation only. Have a look at the field patterns on the port. They should look like those of a MS-line and should be nicely contrained within the port. If not there can be errors in coupling.

Hope this helps.

lumped port in hfss

Study The HFSS full book availabe on the website of ANSOFT

lumbed port

Saifullah said:
Study The HFSS full book availabe on the website of ANSOFT
Here is some information about subject that I have saved it from page 563 to 568 HFSS Onlinehelp pdf file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back