Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Documents about implementing USB based devices for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB beginner

hi all
i have been assigned a project to make device drivers for usb 2.
can anyone suggest from where to start and the links for source code for usb drivers and the data sheets

waiting for response

Added after 12 minutes:

hi all
i have been assigned to make device drivers for usb 2 on linux kernel 2.4.2
can you suggest material , links for the source code for usb drivers, data sheets and the starting point!

waiting for response

USB beginner

usb design by example is based on usb 1.0 specs
and that matters atleast now adays!!!

Re: USB beginner

I am also starting USB implementation on my systems.
The first thing I did was implementing an USB to Serial/Parallel convertor available from www.ftdichip.com.

They can be buyed online as a DIP module (DLP2232M) which has 2 convertors on board. One of this channels can also be used as an USB to SPI, JTAG or I²C bus.

kind regards

I did very good projetcs on USB.Any one need documents ,i will help you out

yaseen1 said:
I did very good projetcs on USB.Any one need documents ,i will help you out
Can you give the details about your projects? And can you please share your data?

"usb complete" is a good book!

do any one have its pdf ?
and yaseen can u ps share your project with us as write now i am involved in writing a dd for usb2.0 on linux 2.6.14.2:|

**broken link removed** Embedded USB Stack

If you need a simple device acting as USB slave device you can use some RS232 to USB bridge like the Silicon Labs CP2102 chip.

for more information refer to the following link:

HOW TO START OFF WID THE BASICS

i need to build a intelligent battery charger using philips lpc2148 microcontroller with usb interface.i hav got enough details abt the battery charger.how to go abt building the usb interface?? can anyone teach me arm microcontroller programming also? the microcontroller lpc 2148 has built in usb interface according to the details

USB beginner

i need to communicate with the pc and give out a msgbox when the charging is complete..can anyone help me.i have downloaded the usb human interface device code from kiel.com for the microcontroller specified.
philips lpc2148 arm microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back