Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Documents about building TV descrambler for US cable TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhk

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have any literature on building a tv descrambler for USA cable TV. A circuit would be nice.
I think the sync signal is removed, so what can i do to reconstruct it back?
any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• gasalyzerSchematic.png
    gasalyzerSchematic.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC01506.JPG
    DSC01506.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 139

3chip descrambler

Hi
There are 2 parts on your decoder.
The channel selector and the descrambler.
You get what you paid for, so the selector knows what is opened or closed.
If you select a closed channel, it will probably blink and say No No pal.
The easyest thing is to buy the cheapest cable selector you can find, those that only gets a channel and put it out on channel 3 or 4. Then you connect the output of this dumy to your selector. Place your selector on channel 3 or 4 and enjoy. I think it must be sufficiently stupid not to notice. And channel 3 or 4 must be a valid (open) one, so it will descramble it nicely to you.
But you must use a very dumb selector. Using your vcr will notdo, because it tries to reconstruct the missing h/v signals.
You may also reprogram the eeprom inside your receiver, or just cut the line that blanks the descrambler.
There are lots of solutions...
try astalavista.box.sk

3 chip ssavi

I guess what I really want is the descrambler part. I can design and build a channel selector fairly easily.

Thanks anyways

cable decoder schematic

Try your luck here:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

best regards

3 chip descramble

Read:

**broken link removed**

I have tested it on ssavi. But it sucks since you must re-sync on every channel.

pic descrambler

HI...

Go

h**p://peque.metropoliglobal.com/foros/index.php?viewcat=5

digi-key-descramblers

I'm looking for a north america cable decoder
pcb soft etc.. the full stuff

how to design descrambler tv

Anybody knows were i found a replacement for CD2240 and CA3126E for TV descramblers

ssavi 3 chips

I think CD2240 is a harris chip. Check Digikey, (I hope you are in North America)

cable descrambler schematics

have also a look at the following link

h**p://www.netzagent.com/freetv/intro.htm
or
h**p://www.freetv.notricks.de

chip descrambler

Anyone have info one new ntsc digital descrambling?

soft descrambler

If you are going to build a board yourself, I would suggest the pic based approach. I first tried the color-burst pll sync regenerator circuit from Graf's TAB series book and then an early 3*chip pic based solution h**p://members.rotfl.com/dturner/. I do remember having to play with the agc cap in my vcr's tuner which was kind of a pain, but I would guess that this been solved by now. After having fun with it, I found it worthwhile to just buy a cheap ca*ble dec*oder box (many of which have the pic solution). The box is nice because it has a tuner and video/audio and channel 3/4 outputs. Good Luck

pal m descrambler

I agree the pic version is better.

descramble tv

do any of these possibly work with digital systems?

2 chip descrambler with pic16f84

I suggest to browse the following page

**broken link removed**

Interesting info about the 3chip descrambler (pic based) could be found there.

pic mcu + descrambler

fsiuru, i like that page, but if it is yours..... i would like it to continue your good work and do the PAL part signal.

Thanks

descrambler circuit 3 chip

Well...just started the PAL PIC project as well here in Finland since more and more people here in our company get Cable-TV at home (o;

Hope to get a sample VCXO this week from jauch.de which was said to work perfectly (o;

With a normal XTAL circuit you get really good picture for TCM/Cartoon and Cinema1000. The others have a wavy picture and some brighter parts in the middle of the picture. Those channels don't give a picture at all when fed by a VCR.

Think the PIC soft needs some Scandinavian updates (o;

stay tuned (o;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back