Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do you know if there could be a IC for battery monitoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzzy

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Battery monitor IC

HI,

Do you know if there could be a IC for battery monitoring?

I need a battery monitor IC with a digital interface for a simple MCU.

I need to monitor 24V battery and i use a 500mV shunt to read current.

Battery monitor IC

I think any ADC chip will do. Output will probably be 8 bit.

Isn't 500mv too much?

Re: Battery monitor IC

try this:
**broken link removed**

There are off-the-shelf battery monitor ICs ..
Here is an example:
**broken link removed**
For many countries Maxim offers free samples ..
Regards,
IanP

Battery monitor IC

Yes,maxim offer the chip.I ever use one chip from the company.

Microchip has a few of them.

bimbla.

Hi,

Thanks for your advices.

I need to monitor 3 different 24V battery pack up to 500A current using 500mV shunt.

I'd like to know if here is a multiple battery monitor or I should monitor them separately? I'd like to control it with a simple MCU with few AD ports. What do you suggest me to do?

Yes! For notebook battery include 4 series batteries. Some the battery monitor IC (it's called Gas Gauge IC) monitor 4 voltages V1, V2, V3 and V4 about every 0.5sec. They include internal resistor divider to adjust high battery voltages to the input range of internal ADC. They also control current and include internal temperature sensor. Interface to notebook SMBus.
Our company produce such kind IC. But the fact is that it is impossible to buy it if you are not a battery manufacturer. Our company deliver these devices only to battery manufacturer.

Thanks for your help.
I want to find a commercial and largely diffuse device. I need little number of them. Do you know if there is something similar to DS2438 in commerce?? this device could be useful for me, but not easy to find in my country.

Thanks

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back