Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

do we need stability analysis for bias circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyasiva

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a doubt that whether we need stability analysis for supply independent bias circuit.

sure, it is needed if ur system is closed-loop.
however, if the system is open-loop, then no stability analysis is needed.

For any closed-loop system, you need to simulate the stability, or you need to know at know, it's stable or oscillating according your requirement.

tell me whether we need stability analysis for following circuit.

satyasiva said:
there would be too many operating point, I think you'd better add a resistor in your ckt.
the self-bias loop is stabile because the loop-gain<1, but gain Margin is useful for the evaluation of the startup time.

You schematic can't work. Normally, you should check the stability of the close loop

does it need a startup or else compensation?

xcoder said:
satyasiva said:
there would be too many operating point, I think you'd better add a resistor in your ckt.
the self-bias loop is stabile because the loop-gain<1, but gain Margin is useful for the evaluation of the startup time.

ok, if i add a resistor between NM0 and gnd to get a fixed current, then tell me about the stability of circuit. wat type of feedback we have here? I.e., positive, negatie?

Status
Not open for further replies.