Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do Intel Pentium 4 series or AMD CPUs support JTAG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds18s20

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pentium jtag

Hi everyone,

Do Intel P4 series or the latest AMD CPUs support JTAG? I have seen a lot of "smaller" CPUs to support JTAG such as Broadcom, Microchip and Atmel but never saw any details on the popular Pentium 4 chips and the competitor's product (AMD stuff)?

Any ideas?

jtag pentium

Generally speaking - YES, almost all cips from intel have JTAG support.

Even in smallest x86 chip (80386ex) intel provide JTAG but just for TAP purposes.
In all new chips (including processors and cipsets) there is still JTAG available but for same purposes. As I know, there is no intel x86 processor with debug capabilities from JTAG interface.

I don't know the situation with AMD.

I am not sure you are interesting in debug or boundary scan?

x86 jtag

Just boundary scan. Anyone got a table to post with the pins and software to be used?

I am guessing that generic software would not do, I mean something like Quartus or even Jtagger :)

Thanks
~B

jtag x86

vesskov said:

Very cool piece of software but it does require BSDL files. I was hoping to see something like the Altera GUI - you click scan, then you click the device ID and then you get a graph with check marks for each pin and two windows - one for exterior and one for interior tests. Regardless this was a good resources and I will get their demo and see what it can do. It sounds like onTAP has been around for awhile. Good catch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back