Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do I need to pull high DO, DI and CLK,CS line for the mmc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_ang

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pull high mmc dataline

hi,do anyone know do i need to pull high my DO and DI and so do the CLK and CS line for the mmc? i want to operate in SPI mode and my Vdd is 3.3V.
I do before pull high the DO,DI and CS line( external pull high) but i realize that the DO line is always high. seems like the MMC din give me any response.
thanks everybody!!! 8)

Re: Pull high mmc dataline

I remembered some of the lines were open-drain, if you used the SPI-mode. It's in the datasheets. Check that out.

This was the circuit I used before. Works 99% of the time, with the occassional error response. Target system was a PIC. I'm not too sure if the response was due to timing constraints or due to the circuits.

Note that I used a 5V supply, which was dropped to 3.2V by the LED. 7407 was used for voltage conversion, so may not apply to you also. So you could drop the LED and probably a few other components.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.