Do I need HSpice RF for transient simulation on a vivaldi antenna exported from HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fparveen

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a vivaldi antenna in HFSS using driven modal setup. The antenna's S11, radiation pattern, surface current distribution and gain looks good. Now I need to perform transient analysis using two of my designed antenna (one as a transmitting antenna and the other as a receiving antenna) to see if the antenna is capable of transmitting and receiving with less distortion. So-

1) Can anyone suggest me ways to do this?

2) If I do this using HFSS, how to set one port in transmitting mode and other port in receiving mode? How can I assign the gaussian pulse in only one port (transmitting mode), without exciting the other port (receiving mode)

3) If I export the .sp file from HFSS driven modal solution, and simulate it using HSpice, then will I need hspice rf for this purpose? Can anyone tell me the steps required to do it?

Thanks in advance.

I found ways to do time domain analysis by exciting the antenna with gaussian pulse in HFSS. The procedure is explained nicely here >> https://scholarworks.uark.edu/eleguht/49/
This thesis explains the procedure of importing current source in HFSS.

However, in my design I need a gaussian pulse in time domain, which, if converted to frequency domain, i.e. the frequency spectrum of it should span from 1 to 4 GHz with the center frequency of 2.5GHz. Does anyone know how can I find the equation of such a gaussian pulse (in time domain) whose freq spectrum gives the desired center freq and bandwidth?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Did you mean multiplying the gaussian with a sinusoid? I think that can shift the pulse to the center freq (2.5GHz). But how can I get the desired frequency span (1-4GHz)?
Also, how can I obtain higher order gaussian pulse , i.e. 2nd or 3rd or 4th orders whose frequency spectrum spans from 1-4Ghz with center freq 2.5Ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…