fahadislam2006

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HDL Coders

Hi ...
I am a Computer Engineer specialized in Digital System Designing and i have worked on Digilent Spartan (Xilinx) Board using VHDl ... I have also worked a bit on Verilog HDL and also a simple project of Booth,s Algorithm ,,, but prefer to use VHDL ...
I have also Heard of System C and also of Schematic Design etc ... I am trying to learn and use them as well ...
But during my study I heard about AUTO CODERS ... one of my teachers told of that ... He told that research is going on preparing Softwares which code most of task automatically from simple english ...
Today when after a long time I get thought on it by getting it from my diary ... i got a bit confused of that ...

I just want to know is their any research of that kind going ... and also is it only for Software languages or also for HDLs ...

Thanks in advance ...

I like to share my knowledge to other people of my field ... to learn and share from each other more betterly u can add me to ur Yahoo or MSN messengers ...
my yahoo ID is fahadislam2002

my hotmail ID is fahadislam2002

My field is rlating to FPGA (any) ... HDL or any other way for Digital Designing like System C or Schematic Designing ... DSP ... Processor and controllers and Core Designing etc ... also Embeded systems and embeded OS ...

Hoping best from and for u all ...

Re: HDL Coders

There is ongoing research in this area. You problably should check out IEEE papers if you want to have more familiar knowledge about it. I think these tools that generate HDL from high level descriptions of systems are still a long way off from widespread use.

There are some production tools that do this sort of thing today. For example, Mathwork's Simulink which can generate HDL from Simulink models.

Re: HDL Coders

Thanks for reply ... i will chk IEEE papers ... if any one get any other interesting link of that or any paper on that topic ... then also share with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…