Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do anyone do transition test with TetraMax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel_on_on

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
there is 3 kinds of Mode:
last_shift
system_clock
any

when set_delay -launch system_clock, coverage : 80%
when set_delay -launch any , coverage :92%

default : any

Do I ought to use "any" . Or what option you have use ?

Added after 46 seconds:

forget speaking :

set_fault -model transition

I'm partly guessing (because I don't have the manual infront of me), but I believe if you use -any, that will generate whatever kind of transition delay test pattern it sees fit to give the best coverage, including launch off last shift - which your circuit needs to be designed to be able to handle (scan enable must be routed to be able to resolve within the rated clock period). If the circuit is not designed for this, you won't get your patterns to work.

Using -system_clock (and here's where I'm guessing the most) is really what is more commonly known as launch off capture, and you will not get optimal coverage (obviously), but is more achievable, from a design perspective.

Hope that helps
John
DFT Digest

Reactions: wrient

wrient

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back