Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do all of the LPC2000 ARM's from Philips come with a pre programmed BSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaoum

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Do all of the LPC2000 ARM's from Philips come with a pre programmed BSL?

Thanks,

tcp ip lpc2000

Do you want to know if they come with a pre programmed bootloader? Yes! Philips made a great decision including a simple RS232 bootloader by default. That's the main programming method.

See you
Ezequiel

LPC2000 Question

Is this boot loader programmed into ROM or FLASH. Can it be accidently erased.

Re: LPC2000 Question

As far as I know, the bootloader is in flash and CANNOT be erase by accident. I tried to disable it, but the only way I found was to set the P0.14 pin to "RUN" mode. That means that whe the MCU reset, it doesn't enter the bootloader.

If you have any question, just tell me, I'm a fan of these MCUs.

Ezequiel

LPC2000 Question

Ezequiel, I want to use the LPC2132 for a TCP/IP over serial port (PPP). I am an experienced user or 8-bit controllers but am completely new to ARM. Can you suggest a good starting point. Also these devices only come in 0.5mm QFP packages only. I dont know how to solder these.

Do you want to interfase a TCP/IP device (LAN chip) to the LPC? Or just use the protocol layer over the serial port?

If the second option is yours, then just look for a site (google a bit) that tells you how the TCP/IP Packet is generated (also the CRC and header). And then just codify a simple function that, you give that func a char* (String), the generated the protocol, and you send the generated result using the serial port, which si quite simple.

Don't doubt in contacting me at my e-mail ezequiel.aceto@gmail.com

See you
Ezequiel

LPC2000 Question

I want to use some "readymade" TCP/IP stack and "PPP" over serial port. Not LAN. I have done this for 8-bit controller (8051) with success but 8051 is very slow and limited for this application. So I want to migrate to ARM7 for this purpose. Writing TCP/IP and PPP is very complicated so I want to use some code that is already tested. Since I did it for 8051, doing it for ARM should be a lot easier. I want some suggestions as to how to start doing this.

LPC2000 Question

I don't think that there is any free-ready-made TCP/IP Stack. Try to look for some Atmel AVR free TCP/IP stack which may be very portable.

Hi,

all LPC2000 have a bootloader. Most of the devices have this bootloader in Flash, except LPC2101/2/3, they have it in ROM and the LPC2220 does not have Flash but still a bootloader in ROM.

Can it be accidently erased?
Not really accidently but it is possible to erase it. Prove for that is that Philips offers bootloader updates for some devices. In general the bootloader is used to program the flash and can therefor check whether the programming is supposed to overwrite the bootloader and in this case the write procedure will be stopped.

Ready made TCP/IP stack:
Don't know if this is what you are looking for but Interniche has a stack that was adapted to the LPC2000:
https://www.iniche.com/arm.php

Bob

Can someone post a schematic or link of a simple programmer for this uC?
Thanks

***broken link removed**

hope this helps,
//a

PS: the other 1: h**p://www.bluewaternz.com/corporate/uni/unikit/jtag/

LPC2000 Question

Dirace,
the best low (no) cost way to program this controller is using the Philips ISP program that can be downloaded from the Philips website:
Best link to start with micros is this one:
http://www.philips.com/microcontrollers

For LPC2000 ISP utility go here:
**broken link removed**
and click under software tools the ISP Software.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back