Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DNP3/PSTN interface with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish_wabale

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pstn+microcontroller

Hello ,

I have to take data into microcontroller from DNP3 and PSTN interface.
the uC having 4 UART lines RX,TX, CTS and RTS.
But I am new to these interfaces . Can anybody help me by posting some literature
schematic, application notes regarding the same.

In my application
I have to take data from DNP3 /PSTN interface into uC and sending it to another DNP3 /PSTN interface after processing

Thanks and Regards

Girish Wabale

If by PSTN you mean the telephone network, you need a modem to transfer data between the netwrok and the microcontroller.
most of the modems work on AT command set, you can google and find the AT command set.

and you can design your own protocol if you need. you can transfer data between two micros using DTMF (dual tone multi frequency) and the telephone network.

Thanks Vinod KP

In my application I have to replace the PSTN Modem by my device which wil send the data wirelessly to another Device which will send the data into PC.
I am confused about interface . Can anybody explain me in detail

Regards

Girish

Hi

The comm method you describing is look like hardware handsheak using the RTS - request To Send & Clear To Send signal

Search google for hoe to use RTS & CTS signals also search for X modem and Z modem protocol

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.