Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DMS Document Managment System - Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjalps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people!

I'd like to now wich Document Managment System you use at your work? I need that for our team project work.

Please any tip?

Regards!

Hello!

Nobody uses DMS system for project managment?

Regards!

hi,

you can try CVS..

although it's mainly for source code, you can use it for other types of document as well.

Hello!

I made little research about free open source tools on the market:

h**p://www.alfresco.com/demo/flash/
h**p://contineo.sourceforge.net/features.html
h**p://www.ktdms.com/
h**p://plone.org/

Maybe that can help to anyone. Please, give me your expiriences.

Regards![/url]

tjalps said:
Hello!

I made little research about free open source tools on the market:

h**p://www.alfresco.com/demo/flash/
h**p://contineo.sourceforge.net/features.html
h**p://www.ktdms.com/
h**p://plone.org/

Maybe that can help to anyone. Please, give me your expiriences.

Regards![/url]

hi,

thanks for the links. Some of the above (such as Plone) are CMS (content management system) - more for website administration. however, you can use it as document management and other things such as forum discussion, etc.

another popular CMS is Xoops : www.xoops.org, and it also has Document management plugin.

besides, i just released one commercial product of Microsoft for this purpose: Sharepoint Portal Server: **broken link removed**

I now Share Point Portal, but I think that it is to expensive for small buisness. What do you think?

Regards!

tjalps said:
I now Share Point Portal, but I think that it is to expensive for small buisness. What do you think?

Regards!

then i think you opt for opensource CMS like Xoops or Plone...

Sharepoint Portal use a special protocol (an extension to Http) called WebDAV, and this protocol allows for put files onto the server via Http. And that is why it's very suitable for document management..

banh said:
tjalps said:

Regards!

then i think you opt for opensource CMS like Xoops or Plone...

Sharepoint Portal use a special protocol (an extension to h**p) called WebDAV, and this protocol allows for put files onto the server via h**p. And that is why it's very suitable for document management..

Subversion can also use WebDAV

/Bingo

Hello!

I'd like to get more infomations on DMS systems in companies size of 50 developers.
What are your proposals for CAD, EDA, Office documents.... or any other.

Best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back