DMA in Zynq using vivado for transfer to and from Zynq PS to microblaze and vice vers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunayana Chakradhar

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I plan to use DMA in Zynq PS and connect it with Microblaze. I need to transfer data to and from Zynq PS to microblaze using this DMA. I found in the configuration wizard that the Zynq PS has its DMA in the form of peripheral request interface and when I enable this it appears on the zynq PS. How should i connect these port to microblaze? I have seen that there are no DMA options in microblaze. Also there is another AXI DMA IP core which I can add on the PL and use it to connect between Zynq PS and Microblaze.Which of these 2 DMAs is recommended. Is there any document/ white paper which explains the procedure of connnecting Zynq PS to the Microblaze?

I am not very new to this type of work. The reason why i asked was to know when exactly I should use the PS DMA and when exactly the AXI DMA IP core. If I enable the PS DMA, I don't find any mechanism through which I can connect to Microblaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…