Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DJ Waveforms colored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdiel

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I hope that you are doing great.

I have a kind of random question regarding the DJ Waveforms colored (Fig.1), which sometimes is shown in the DJ software programs.
My question is ¿what do they do( the software designers or I don't know who) in order to accomplish this?
It is supposed to identify between different frequencies in the waveforms. but I don't know exactly how they achieve this.
My idea is that they took a limited quantity of colors (let's say 6 colors) and assigned a range of frequency for each color. they take an FFT or something like that in order to see for the current time the range of frequency for the Waveform and then add the color. do you know how they do this? what do you think?

1666585328806.png

Fig.1. DJ Waveforms colored. The image was taken from here.

If you have any information where I can learn more about that I will appreciate it. thanks and regards.

Attachments

• 1666585341081.png
    1666585341081.png
    758.9 KB · Views: 140

Hi,

I don´t think that the colors are standardized. Thus it depends on the used software.
I see no other way than referring to the software manual/help.

Klaus

Thanks. I agree. but I don't think that this information could be available in the software manual.

I believe that is a little more technical than the information presented in software manuals, but I'm going to see it just to verify.

My question is because I'd like to make a system with this principle, but using RGB LEDs. To represent "visually" the music in real-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back