Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Moving Message Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
moving message display source code

What language do you know how to use? That is the first question to be asked.

edaboard elektor 2003 90s2313

96 by 7 leds, matrix display. basic 5mm ones. +5v supply. how much current would I roughly need? *sigh :/

Added after 13 minutes:

hmmm~ anyone here done a good digital clock display or know where to find projects on it?

avr atmega bi color led matrix 16x64

HI..

shigure said:
96 by 7 leds, matrix display. basic 5mm ones. +5v supply. how much current would I roughly need? *sigh :/

Added after 13 minutes:

hmmm~ anyone here done a good digital clock display or know where to find projects on it?

I have done Project about 80 of 8*5 dot 5mm or about 3200 DOT..
It take current less than 2A when Fully Scan. Here Picture of it
(About 15 cm * 150 cm) note that my camera is fast shutter so the charactor wont
show right in picture because scaning not fast as shutter

also I have done a big clock porject .. but still have some Problem with DS1307 RTC because when turn it on for serveral days it going slower

I will try to make doc about it if you want

4094 picbasic

Hi .. This is my PCB and Schematic of Dot matrix module. I devide my dot matrix to 8*20 (4 of 5* in to one module and connect each module as big as I want.
I use TPIC6B595 Power shift register and AVR 90S8515 with EXternal 32 K sram

SOurce will be follow

diy moving signs

Hi brother!

The schematic missing some parts, You can upload all schematic?

Thanks, Gorkin.

moving message display softwares

Hi.. My Schematic is OK.. Value for R is varies by Voltage Of LED

The input connector SV3 is V+ for LED that from Transister (In this part is Depend on which voltage you want to use..

Here a transister Driver that I use
For Me I use 5V and R220Ohm Drive 8bit Transister with 74HC595

So Overall from Micro -> Board will need 3Bit Control TPIC6B595 for Column (Cathode) and 3Bit for 74HC595 (For Row which Control transister to source voltage )

For now I try to Change my code because I done in "Thai" with Thai Charactor Code So Just wait a bit

build own moving sign

WHoa.... so complex @_@. I am planning to use blocks of 5 by 7 LEd blocls, prob using either 40 by 7 or 80 by 7 display. maybe something like **broken link removed**. or the one rojo is using. I'm already troubling him alot.... I hope someone can help me figure out how to use LED drivers to power up 8 column LEDS at a time, or the LED driver section. Is it possible to eliminate the usage of transistors? I need a very compact design for the display board. Btw Tobb, have you fixed the prob with your clock display? WHoa, its really coool..... I would like to make one like that.....

btw, regarding the website, i would rather be connecting 7 pins to the LEd driver without having to go thru the IC in the middle. And then there's the driver for each column, if only it could work perfectly with just the driver and resistors ..... that would save alot of space.... any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.

pc software for moving message display

Hi.. The reson that I use 74HC595 to Drive Transister for 8 Row Led because I could connect many driver board and still use only 3pins of micro controller to controll Row..
Another thing is if you connect long column for example 80 by 7 with only One ROW driver it will be to slow for scan and led will flicker (Because it need to run too long way for one scan loop).. That why I need to make Driver module for each Dot matrix module

diy message led display

tobb, could you like take a look at this pic?

the site is from **broken link removed**

Sigh, i wish my lecturers could be like rojo or tobb, they don't really cover this much during discussions, leaving us rather confused and helpless.....

Added after 1 minutes:

this pic sorry.....forgot to post it. It has appeared previously on this thread.

running message display circuit

Hello all,

@tobb,

We are waiting for your controller board schematics and microcontroller code.

I hope you did not forget us. :)

regards,

language void lcd_putsf

all i see is rush about scrooling board, is any one here interested or working on animated message led board ?

regards

16f76 led*

I am a beginer and have very little knowledge regarding microcontroller, can you tell me difference between PIC,AT,8051. and also can i used them in making large led scrolling display.

max6952 eagle

Hi.. Sorry for late reply.. I was very bussy because I just Open my new Coffee Shop and Internet Cafe.. any way Here is Code and some Picture
Code is For ATMEGA32.. The reason is AVR Mega32 have 2k Of ram..
I use just a normal AVR Development board .. You can use any AVR board because I just Connect Direct to pin..
Most description describe in code

Sorry that I could not complete my docutment.. Not have time So Please ask if want more information

Regard..

applications of moving display

HI guys ...
The other day i was standing in front of a commercially sold 2 color LED sign strip .
and i was taken with the richness of possible effects that they display !
message moving sideways , up and down . or even in diagonal .
dots appearing scattered all over the strip to becone a message later .etc
so they must have some kind of language or API to instruct the sign what to do
Any body knows about this??

bascom code and schematic for led moving display

Hi.. Most Commercial display will use Software on PC to set pattern and send text to it. Some will use keyboard or RS232.. .. Some display will use some special word to display pattern or picture like if in the string have "\p1" mean display picture in memory bank 1, if \e1 and follow with string mean put effect 1 befor follow string

That example But it depend who design software
most 2 color display use Processor like 80186, 80386,ARM

lcd prgram using easy68k

Hi
Anyone try to used the MIC5841BN - 8-bit Serial – input Latched driver to drive the column in the moving sign?

easy68k lcd examples

Hello tobb

i am very much interested to design the moving message which u design can u help me pls i am eagerly waiting for ur reply i don't no much about electronics learning to display atleast 10 characters and move pls pls can u help me

i have 74hc595 , pic16f628 , pic16f877a i will buy the 5x7 p16pro40 programmer

kindly requesting u to help me plss

waiting for ur reply

thank you

atmel 2051 pov

Anyone have hex file and schema for the elektor flash microboard refering to this articale (e03b016.pdf).

make sms scrolling message display

cAn someone tell me how to connect the 7 by 5 LED matrix blocks? I baught a few... and the shop keeper has no data whatsoever. I went online and I couldnt find any. The model is ELM-2001EWA. there are 7 pins above and seven below. But since its a 7 by 5. Whats the purpose of the extra two for columns? @___@

moving message display pcb design

Hi.. you better to check with multimeter first
for extra pin.. some time they have the same pin above and below so it mean you could use either of it. but it will be just 1 or 2 pin or maybe it not connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back