Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Distributed co-ordination of robot for fire fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.k. sundar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Iam doing a project on 'DISTRIBUTED CO-ORDINATION OF ROBOT FOR FIRE FIGHTING'.In this project,we are going to have a master robot and two slave robot.
Master robot is controlled manually by sending a message to move to a location where fire fighting requires. .The work of master is to send slave robot to region(region will be quite nearer) to extinguish fire and slave robots should not conflict with each other.A slave robot is required to operate within the region allocated to it and should be able to avoid obstacle and do their work assigned to them.if a slave robot cannot be able to complete a work assigned to them ,it should send a message to master robot.
My doubt is what kind of wireless communication do i need for this process so that master can send and receive correct message from/to a slave robot i.e if a slave robot has to go to a particular position message has to be send to a particular slave robot and not to the other?
1) Is it possible that wi-fi can be used to produce a unique id to slave robots so that a slave does not receive a wrong message which is not intended for it? .2) Is there any other wireless communication medium which will be effective for my project?
3) Shall i use sonar sensor for it or IR sensor itself will alone be required ?
suggestion are required..
l

1) Is it possible that wi-fi can be used to produce a unique id to slave robots so that a slave does not receive a wrong message which is not intended for it? .

Yes.

2) Is there any other wireless communication medium which will be effective for my project?

Xbee also suitable XBee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3) Shall i use sonar sensor for it or IR sensor itself will alone be required ?
suggestion are required..
l

You can use both

Technology is there already, but how you going to optimize the robots for cooperative works?

This may be one challenge that you may face when you implement the robot networks

Yes.

Xbee also suitable XBee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can use both

Technology is there already, but how you going to optimize the robots for cooperative works?

This may be one challenge that you may face when you implement the robot networks

I wish to use RF CC2500 module which i think might be best suited for my project.
1) is it possible that slave robot's(having a CC2500 transceiver module) position in
co-ordinates can be found by master robot(which is provided with CC2500 transceiver and by sending a RFsignal).co-ordinates here iam referring in two dimension.

I haven't use such module but it is possible. How you going to obtain the robot position?

I noticed that there is a feature called RSSI(received signal strength identification)in CC2500 module.so, if i want slave robot2 not to occupy position of slave robot1,i can transmit signal from slave1 . If received signal strength of slave2 exceeds a thresh-hold value, then slave2 can be commanded to moved away from that position.
is it possible?

yes It possible. There may be some cases If all robots exceed thresh-hold value or below that.

However you can manage it, define different thresh-hold levels and based on that you can command

Real test will give you exact values.

Keep your progress good work

Hi, what is the difference between CC2500 transreceiver and RF-pro CC2500 module?
1) RF-pro CC2500 module:
**broken link removed**
and the other one
2). CC2500 transreceiver:
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc2500.pdf
I want to use feature of RSSI to detect robot's position and no of channels to operate more robots and communicate between them.
1).is it possible with RF-PRO CC2500 module?.
2).I also found that data rate in CC2500 transceiver has an upper hand(500 kBaud) over RF-PRO CC2500 module.
3).which one will be least of cost and that suits my needs?.
please give me some detailed information about both the things..

Both the module used CC2500 core and RF-pro CC2500 module has RS232 interface work with their software, refer their data sheets

check this also **broken link removed**

Prefer to use Google search for some implementation, problems also Ti forum

CC2500 RSSI problem - Low Power RF Proprietary Software & SimpliciTI Forum - Low Power RF & Wireless Connectivity - TI E2E Community

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Search the forum as well

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/115864/

If you need more help regarding RF, it is better if you can crate a separate post. This title is not describe your problem much even it is related

Hi, for the project mentioned above (Distributed co-ordinated fire-fighting robot),i heard that a RF transmitter and Receiver( using ASK,FSK) can be used for communicating between the robots and cheaper and easier to work than CC2500 module.But i doubt whether it( RF transmitter ,receiver using ASK,FSK ) has support for differentiating various frequency operated messages,so that a message from robot1 is received only by the particular robot2. Please give me details regarding it..

Status
Not open for further replies.