Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

distortion on camera image by a high power AM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

moghtada

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear sirs,

I have installed a camera (CCTV) near a high power AM transmitter (200KW power @900KHz Freq) but after 50 m coaxial cable I have a distorted iamge.
what is your idea to improve it and cancle distortion?
Thanks
VAHID

Re: distortion on camera image by a high power AM transmitte

Move to an optical cable.

Dear moghtada,

for the problem you had in your Camera Image was distorted , sometimes
you might need to double check the cabling lines , like the lines and paths
you choosed to put the cables from the power source into the camera itself,
and also sometimes there is maybe a transformer near to the cable so just
you have to check it back along untill you each your Cam.

hope this will help you my friend.

Best Regards.

Hai moghtada
Video and all the cables running to the camera in such and environment should be shielded including the power supply with a good quality Co-axial cable with copper braidings. As far as possible use an isolated AC power source apart from that running to the transmitter. The CCTV switcher, DVR and power supply should be having a good earthing system. I have installed similar aparatus at 10Kw FM station and it is working fine after having sorted similar issues. The dc power supply to the switcher or the DVR should be well filtered one. SMPS is not suitable in this case. torroidal supply is highly recomended. Hope this helps. Do not forget the "HELPED ME" button. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back