Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disply problem with BIOSTAR 945GC-M7 TE mother board

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDEEP ANAND

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,i got a mother board from my friend ,its desktop motherboard - BIOSTAR 945GC-M7 TE-.it have no disply problem.power on/off are ok.when i power on ,fans are running.i had changed RAM,PSU,PROCSSOR.all of these are running well in another board.
after trying 50-60 time on/off,sometime display appear for 2 -3 second.sometime its not.
please help

well a no display fault has many reasons behind it may b associated with bios ,south bridge ,north bridge,and display connector and cable should also be checked use a pci debug card to determine faulty area but for that u should have basic troubleshooting knowledge...

well a no display fault has many reasons behind it may b associated with bios ,south bridge ,north bridge,and display connector and cable should also be checked use a pci debug card to determine faulty area but for that u should have basic troubleshooting knowledge...
ok,but display appear for 1 to 3 sec,after on/off approx 50-60 time

1. Remove any plug-in cards if present.
  2. Disconnect the power supply from the mainboard. Then remove CMOS battery, wait 30 sec - 1 min & put back in, or move CMOS erase jumper to "erase", wait a little & move back to "normal" position (see manual). It's important to have ATX power disconnected for this procedure, otherwise the board may get damaged (and/or CMOS not erased). And do this by unplugging the 24-pin ATX connector & 4-pin 12V plug, not by just unplugging mains AC cord.
  3. See if board boots up with monitor connected to integrated VGA.
  4. Put in a PCI Express videocard, and see if board boots with monitor connected to that.
  5. Remove PCI Express videocard, put in old PCI videocard, and see if board boots up with that.

Don't insert more -known good!- memory modules than necessary for these tests (you can change positions if you feel like it, probably won't change anything). If none of above options allows you to boot at least into a POST / BIOS screen, you need diagnostic card like rishiraj36 suggested.

There's no need to try any of the above 20 times or so - just do them correctly & if the board still works, one of above should at least get you a BIOS screen.

Last edited:

Thanks ,today i had solved thae problem ,actualy problem was 'CRYSTAl' i replaced it and its working fine now.............

sandeep can u help me regarding ps/2 port on motherboard == problem is the keyboard is not detecting but getting power from ps/2 port ..

Ok,i will try .first check it out from BIOS 'is that ps/2 port is enable or not ,for hardware fault see near ps/2 port you will see series micro resistance ,capcitors try to resolder it ............

yes i tried in bios and reset to its defaults and checked the registers and chip capacitors with the help of dmm but nothing found suspicious. thanks helping mee.

then you should little work on OP/IP means just resoldering it ...........

op/ip means what ? i think its ps/2 port or super i/o chip ?? pls carify..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back