Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Displaying time on LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingoz2002

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
clock dispaly project onlcd

i need help in writing the source code to display time/clock on the LCD using PIC16F877. Can anyone provide me with the help??? pls.. the program i'm using is MPLAB. HELP!!!

ds1307 maxim decode

thanks for your help... at least i could get started now.

Added after 1 hours 35 minutes:

what if i were to use a different PIC controller?? PIC16F876?? Is the programming mrthod the same?? i'm a newbie in MCT stuffs.

Added after 5 minutes:

what if i were to use a different PIC controller?? PIC16F876?? Is the programming mrthod the same?? i'm a newbie in MCT stuffs.

atmega lcd 2x20

The method is the same and the code can stay the same. Just make sure you specify the correct device in your code and make sure you define the pins correctly.

16f87 dcf77 clock

This link could be of help:
**broken link removed**

pic16f628 and dcf77

bingoz2002 said:
i need help in writing the source code to display time/clock on the LCD using PIC16F877. Can anyone provide me with the help??? pls.. the program i'm using is MPLAB. HELP!!!
Where are you located?
I made a LCD clock with PIC16F628 and DCF77 time signal reception module.
It displays time, date, winter/summertime, day of week, month and reception/decoding status of DCF signal.
It also has a free running clock routine when DCF is not available.
The code is easily transportable to a 16F87x

CD :)

dcf avr hd44780 bascom

You can seperate to 3 Parts.
1. MCU, The difference is what features do you want. ARM, PIC, AVR, 8051 etc.
2. RTC, Real Time Clock, the chip that keep you accurate time.
3. LCD, you can use Character LCD, Graphics LCD. but it effects the data/control pins on your MCU

0. Development Software, Most of programs supports both LCD Types. You can call the routine for Print, Clear etc. like PiCBasicPro, Proton, ImageCraft, BASCOM, Keil and many others.

dcf pic16f877

i'm located in Singapore.. actually i'm quite a newbie in this stuffs and i am required to display time on LCD for my MAjor Project. The programming language i'm advised to use by my supervisor is Assembly language (MPLAB). I'm quite stuck at the source code for displaying real time clock. However, i've quite done the initialisation part. HELP!!

mikrobasic ds1307

bingoz2002 said:
i'm located in Singapore.. actually i'm quite a newbie in this stuffs and i am required to display time on LCD for my MAjor Project. The programming language i'm advised to use by my supervisor is Assembly language (MPLAB). I'm quite stuck at the source code for displaying real time clock. However, i've quite done the initialisation part. HELP!!
I can send you my ASM code and a schematic if you want.
As you're located in Singapore DCF reception is impossible.
You will have to remove the DCF reception and decoding routines and add input routines to set the clock manually, but the code will serve you as a starting point for your own.

dcf signal help

sure Turbokeu.

i'll be gald to have the ASM codes.
thank u

ds1307 mikrobasic library

For using ASM,
You may need to learn how to operate LCD, You cound find the interface command easily. also flowchart how to write ASCII to LCD.
Using HD44780 LCD type would be easily programming.

check this link to learn how to use LCD
**broken link removed**

bingoz2002

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how to display time in lcd

I have the code for a 2x20 and a 2x16 LCD, which one do you prefer?
Can you give me an email address where to sent it?

bingoz2002

time of day (rtc) display on the lcd in arm7

I have the code for a 2x20 and a 2x16 LCD, which one do you prefer?
Can you give me an email address where to sent it?

i also want to see your code , i prefer the 2x20 lcd.
my email:
ferds.calma@gmail.com

thanks
ferds

avr dcf77 decoder

Just sent the files to both of you.

bingoz2002

assemble source code for displaying on lcd

which RTC IC would u recommend me to use n do i need to have a separate program to set the time to the IC? And do i connect the RTC IC to the same PIC as the LCD??i'm a little confused here about the connections.

supercap with ds1307

bingoz2002 said:
which RTC IC would u recommend me to use n do i need to have a separate program to set the time to the IC? And do i connect the RTC IC to the same PIC as the LCD??i'm a little confused here about the connections.
I recommend the DS1307 from Maxim (you can ask a free sample!).
This RTC uses 100kBit I²C protocol (slave mode) through 2 lines (SDA-SCL), which are also available on the 16F877.
Complete RTC registers (HH,MM,SS - DD,MM,YYYY, Day of week, and leap year up to 2100) + 56 bytes of free RAM memory.
Needs one 32.768 KHz Xtal and a 3V power supply for backup (Li battery or supercap). See DS1307 datasheet from Maxim.
You will need I²C routines (read/write) to communicate with the DS1307, and keyboard input routines to set date/time.

I sampled two DS1307 from Maxim, I collected some I²C routines, but now I need time to develop and test everything out.

PS: Of course everything can be connected to one PIC.

i need free sample of character lcd

Hi all,
Can anyone send me the LCD sample (I use Atmega32 in my project)
my email : phuvinh1003@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.