Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Displaying different modes in a waveguide in HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananth

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to prepare a presentation for a class where I want show everyone how different modes propagate in a waveguide.
I know we can plot fields as a whole in a waveguide structure in HFSS but it seems to me like the different modes can be seen only at the ports. Can I plot the fields for a particular mode in the structure?
If people can see how higher order modes can affect the response of a structure visually, I feel it'd make more sense in understanding the concept...
Thanks,
Ananth.

In the fields post processor one can change the mode viewed, if more than one was solved for, by going to Data/Edit Sources and exciting the port and mode desired.

Best Regards,

Remember to enable the "save all fields" option in your simulation setup window box, or else only the fundemental mode will be available for display.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back