Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Discussion:Resonance frequency of transmission line w/o PMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiamiliu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
resonance in a transmission line

I have met a problem recently and hope experts can give me some hints.

You can find the resonance frequencies from the S parameter curves of a transmission line (eg. microstrip line as shown in the following figures). When both sides of the transmission line are attached with a PMC(perfect magnetic wall) wall, how will the resonance frequencies change? Lower or higher?

From my original point of view, the transmission line without PMC has fringing capacitor effects, so its resonance frequencies should be lower than those with PMC. However, from the HFSS simulation results, the picture is different. The resonance frequencies of the transmission line without PMC are larger than those with PMC! (the following curves are from HFSS) I don't know why and which one is correct. Who can help me clarify this problem? Thank you very much in advance.

frequency and transmission line

The crosssection of the transmission line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back