Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disable the Analog comparator on AT89C2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

everyone0

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I wanted to use pins 1.0 and 1.1 in the AT89C2051 microcontroller as digital pins not analog input pins, so i wanted them to be like the rest of the port 1 pins, but i searched thoroughly through the DataSheet and through the board and couldn't find a register assigned to disable the analog input property of the pins or convert the pins into digital o/p or i/p pins, i am using an 8051 simulator and writing the code in assembly language.

There's no configuration of Pin 1.0 and 1.1 possible or required. They can be used like the other Port 1 pins without special measures.

There's no configuration of Pin 1.0 and 1.1 possible or required. They can be used like the other Port 1 pins without special measures.

i tried but what happens is weired,they produce no digital output when i configure port 1 as output port, while the rest of the port 1 pins produce the desired output.

Port1.0 & Port1.1 are open collector..

You need pullup resistors if it is used as digital pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.