Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disable "Subscribed to" Messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FvM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

is there any place to disable these newly introduced "Subscribed to" meassages? I didn't find it yet.

Personally, I would also love an option to specify "no notification" for subscribed threads.

Regards,
Frank

Re: Disable "Subscribed to" Meassages?

If the "no notification" is related to email noifications then there is a "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" drop down selector accessible in the general settings of the account https://www.edaboard.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

The setting for already subscribed threads can change from the subscription screen
, you have to check each subscribed thread and then use the menu which is found at the end of the page , in the page selector height at the right side but this can only control the email notification.

I'm not sure of the way to disable the new "Subscribed to" feature, the only way I can think of is to select not to subscribe in threads.

Alex

Thanks for your answer!

I was in fact referring to E-Mail notification with my second point. You are right, that setting the Default Thread Subscription Mode to Through my control panel only is what I want.

I'm not sure of the way to disable the new "Subscribed to" feature, the only way I can think of is to select not to subscribe in threads.
That would be a bad alternative. Seriously speaking, I'm not aware yet of the new feature's purpose. I expect, that it's intended as a service rather to create inconvenience.

In the past some answers to subscribed threads were not noticed (and never read) so from that point of view I find it useful but there should also be a setting for each member to be able to disable this functionality if it is undesirable.

Only Gulson can tell us if there is currently such an option (I can't find it either0 or if it can be added.

Alex

notification for new reply to a thread

Hi

Since last few days whenever someone replies to one of my threads, I get a notification (that yellow one). It wasn't this way before and it was better then. How to disable this? I can see if any of my threads have received a new reply by going to Quick Links ---> Subscribed Threads. Thanks.

Regards
PG

I have merged your post in the existing thread about this matter [alexan_e]

It adds a yellow notification whenever any of your subscribed threads are updated (i.e. they contain unread posts). These notifications make it much easier for users to find what's new on the forum. You need to stop subscribe thread to remove notification.

The "Subscribed Threads with New Posts" notification saves me from querying my subscription. I had no problem to become aware of new posts before, but I don't want to argue against it. It's just a feature. The "New Subscribed Threads" notification seems somewhat overengineered to me. It's like a "do you know what you did last minute" reminder. Usually, I do.

The problem with the way it now works is that I now get an email AND a yellow notification for a new post - so I am told twice about the same thing. Before, I had subscribed threads and relied on the yellow notification for private messages. Now everytime I go to EDAboard I have several notifications, most of which I have already looked at as I had an email. It is a nuisance.

Keith.

I decided to disable the Email notification by selecting Through my control panel only. I agree, that it may be reasonable to have the other option as well.

I have gotten used to the new feature and actually appreciate it. In the past, I would get a notice by e-mail of a response and would then go to the forum and use the new posts button. There were usually so many posts by that time that it was hard to find a specific thread. This way, you can simply click on the notices and go to the thread.

I still get e-mail notifications, and obviously, one could click on the e-mail link to do the same thing. It is just an alternative to the e-mail system and avoids having to go back and forth to the forum.

I do have one small issue. I don't know if this is something I just noticed or whether it is related to the new notification feature. When I search on new posts, I get a list as usual. If I then have to leave that list for any reason and close out EDA, the list is treated as "mark all posts read," even when I haven't clicked that button. The result is that once I use the new posts feature, I am stuck reviewing it, regardless of its length.

John

I decided to disable the Email notification by selecting Through my control panel only. I agree, that it may be reasonable to have the other option as well.

I have decided to do the same.

Keith.

I still get e-mail notifications, and obviously, one could click on the e-mail link to do the same thing.
If you click on the e-mail link, yellow notification won't be displayed about the same thread. I think this option is very important and I don't want disable.

It doesn't seem to work for me. I have been clicking on the email link, viewing the thread and then going to the yellow link to see the same subscribed thread.

Keith.

After click on e-mail link try to refresh page or browse something ex. main page.

I can't understand why the developer of this addon didn't include a mechanism for each member to be able to turn on/off the feature at will.

Alex

It doesn't seem to work for me. I have been clicking on the email link, viewing the thread and then going to the yellow link to see the same subscribed thread.

I had the same problem initially, however I solved it by logging off and then logging back on, if this doesn't help flush your browser cache and cookies as well.

BigDog

It seems to be a problem with Opera Mini. Even after I visit a thread, the yellow tag lingers for quite a while. Co-incidentally, another problem which may be connected with the recent software upgrade is that I cannot select radio buttons with Opera Mini when giving infractions. Seems OK with Opera Mobile but I tend to prefer Mini because it is considerably faster.

Keith.

I am now getting used to using it and suggest one small change. When you click on the yellow notification, it goes to the first post on the first page of a multipage thread. Is it possible to make it go to the most recent post, or allow one to pick the page like the new post feature does?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.