Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Direct port accessing in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

alunaro

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
direct port access xp

Hello

I need accessing to send some commands to keyboard via keyb controller (BIOS port 60, 64...). Is there any way to direct port access in win xp? I'm using VC.

I don't know it w32 api can help, or if i need 3rd party apis... I have low experience using ports directly in XP (really nothing :D )

Thank u

u can use api command or if u like to acces directly , u shoud write a driver and with this driver u can access the lpt port.

There is a bunch of parallel port information on the following web page, including freeware and shareware drivers for WinXP and WinNT. You may be able to adapt some of it to your keyboard needs:
**broken link removed**

One of the shareware programs looks like it might work for your application:
**broken link removed**

Hello,

I need accesing to device ports like keyboard controller...
I was reading some papers and... well.. the only way is make a custom driver or using one like porttalk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back