Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dipole Antenna Impedance Simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potatoze

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I simulated a dipole antenna in HFSS but the resulted impedance is not as expected as the ideal value. The antenna is made of two straight metal lines, with a rectangular in between, as in the picture.
1.png

The S11 has greatest loss at 920MHz, and the corresponding impedance is around 70-5j ohms. The real part of the impedance is close to the ideal 73 ohms, but t the imaginary part is way off the 42j ohms. I'm wondering if this is normal in HFSS simulation, or I made something wrong?
2.png

3.png

Thanks.

and the corresponding impedance is around 70-5j ohms. The real part of the impedance is close to the ideal 73 ohms, but t the imaginary part is way off the 42j ohms.

I'm not understanding this, from your description and data you have 5 or 4.6 Ohms of reactance, where did 42j come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back