Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ding Dong Bell Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

atifkamal

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends,

I tried to make this small circuit, unfortunately i am not getting the result what this circuit is supposed to give.

i am just getting a single tone (not enough loud) when Pbutton contact is released what i think is "dong" sound but it is not like "dong"

i made this circuit on bread board for testing.

regards,

bell-circuit-555-IC.gif

Last edited:

What type of speaker are you using???? Try with an electret.
Have you designed the circuit correctly??? Check if the diodes are in reverse.

I am not sure but you can change the transistor to TIP122 or any equivalent darlington pair. See if it works. I hope you will get only a 'ding' sound, but more clearer this time.

I am not sure but you can change the transistor to TIP122 or any equivalent darlington pair. See if it works. I hope you will get only a 'ding' sound, but more clearer this time.

hmm, i have directly attached spk to pin 3 and got a bit louder sound (i think tr is not working ok), it is not matter of sound amplification but it is supposed to produce both "ding" and dong". I have sucessfully tested another cirucit with two ne555 it is working as desired but that is also not "clean" ding-dong.

any suggestions, i am unable to find any ding-dong chip/cob (eg. 8021-2) here, so i have to go with these...

anyway i also need a cct. that produce "ding-ding-ding....."

Don't connect the spk with pin 3. Your IC will burn. I remade this circuit in my simulation software. Only a single npn transistor is not working here. So I added a darlington pair.

Exactly "ding" and "dong" sound can not be produced with this circuit. This circuit works on only voltage high and low.

Refer to following link:
https://www.circuitstoday.com/door-bell-circuit-using-ne555
**broken link removed** (If you have HT-2811)

sorry, i mean to say connected after resistor and was working with relatively low voltage. will check with darlington pair no issue.

Thanks i have made that circuit as you stated in your first link. Let me check if i can find HT 2811 in market.

Can you provide link to your simulation software???

Status
Not open for further replies.