Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digitally controlled preamp with FM tuner RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermes

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

It is a preamplifier with digital tuner having RDS.
Construction
  • casing was taken from an old Unitry tuner AS-618, original keys were used and old Polish isostats were used as buttons to minimize the modifications made to original aluminum front panel. Similarly, PCBs fit in the factory mounting and existing sockets input/output on the rear panel were used.
  • power supply transformer type TS40/52, placed in a metal, shielding housing from a M8041 tape recorder.
  • boards were made by thermal transfer method, designed in Eagle, etched in B327, washed with Cleanser and secured with Plastic 70.
  • power supply with divided digital and analogue mass with voltages of 9V, 5VD, 5VA.
  • on the main board: FM tuner based on om-5610(TEA5757) module from Philips, RDS decoder SAA6588, digitally controller preamplifier TEA6320, clock system PCF8583, EEPROM 24c16 and ATMEL processor 89C55.
  • on the front board: TFMS5360 IR receiver and VFD display 2x20 characters from Noritake on the Hitachi controller, very difficult to access.
  • wireless control by a remote control from Elemis TV based on the SAA3010 system. The program allows you to assign functions any keys of the remote control (remote study), the program briefly shown in the pictures. The program is very well written, clear and intuitively operated. It can store 12 FM stations, first 5 of which can be selected from the device keys, and the rest from the remote control. The remaining 5 keys are used to select functions: volume, balance, treble, bass, contour, RDS. Tuning can be done automatically or manually.

Link to original thread (useful attachment) – Przedwzmacniacz sterowany cyfrowo z tunerem FM z RDS

Hi Vermes,
can you please share circut diagrams of this.
I alos like to make this kind of tuner.
Please share all details with me.

thanks,
Nuwan.

Hi!

I'd be interested in the construction details as well please! Schematics and a parts list would be adequate as I'll make my own PCBs but if you're willing to share the Eagle files plus a programming file for any microcontroller you've used there'd be a lot of extremely pleased chaps here!

Chris Williams

Last edited:

Hi Vermes,
can you please share circuit diagrams of this.
I also like to make this kind of tuner.
Please share all details with me.

thanks,
Nuwan

Status
Not open for further replies.