Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Spectacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerKid

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Digital Spectacles.

My today's new invention.

No convex or concave lens.

High resolution addressable pixel led screen and 2x high resolution Cameras say 64 Mpixel. Addressable led 1or 2 wire like APA102C. No image processing. Direct Camera pixel matrix to digital screen pixel.

Additional 5km range binocular Camera for long range vision like Condor, Eagle, and Vulture.

So you have to carry around a hi-res LCD screen held at a distance your eyes can focus on. Sounds very practical. Perhaps direct image projection through the eye's pupil on to the retina would be better. If you used a carbon arc light source to get high brightness you would be able to see in the dark too.

Brian.

So you have to carry around a hi-res LCD screen held at a distance your eyes can focus on. Sounds very practical. Perhaps direct image projection through the eye's pupil on to the retina would be better. If you used a carbon arc light source to get high brightness you would be able to see in the dark too.

Brian.

I thought about hi-res addressable RGB LED screen. APA102C or WS2812B individual LEDs cannot be used to make a hi-res screen. If somebody makes say similar or same hi-res screen say 2000 2-wire addressable screen then a prototype can be made.

I have thought about making similar TVs, Monitors, Smartphone screens that is no complex video data processing, decoding, encoding, compression, decompression, matrix maths chips. Just Camera Pixels bytes to screen pixel bytes. So, TV, Monitors, smartphones will become dead cheap and can be powered with 5.5V SuperCapacitor bank power supply as LEDs like APA102C runs from such low voltage.

This is a cool idea, how long will it take to complete?

This is a cool idea, how long will it take to complete?

Not sure of the exact date and time. Here in India, we get only ordinary APA102C SMD LEDs and using that it is not able to create a hi-res digital screen for Spectacles, TV screens, Monitors, etc., but I am slowly working on the project. I am planning to make a 16X16 Pixel Screen with APA102C and then use any available CMOS Camera to extract say camera sensor center most 16X16 pixels and send the bytes directly to the 16X16 APA102C addressable LED panel to show the hardware working. It is 100% realizable but here there is lockdown and not sure when lockdown will get cleared. There are repeated lockdowns.

I will show some hardware output in maybe 1 or 1 and a 1/2 months.

I think you are missing the point altogether.
Spectacles are corrective lenses to alter the focal length of the eye when the muscle contracting the eyes lens can no longer manage on its own. It doesn't follow that placing a high resolution screen (even if your proposed design could possibly work) close to the eyes would work. The eye would still have to focus on the screen. Not many people can focus down to a distance of say 1cm so all they would see is a blurred image regardless of how sharp the camera and screen was.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.