Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital PLL and analog PLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

liuyonggen_1

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
digital pll

could you tell me the difference and similarities between digital PLL and analog PLL?

analog pll

Well, I would say the main difference resides on the phase detector. analog PLL uses a multiplier to find the difference between two (analog) signals, while digital PLL uses XORs, JK flip-flops, tristate PDs, to find delays between 2 signals.

You should probably check chapters 2 and 3 from Phase-Locked Loops by Roland E. Best

diemilio

analog pll components

Ok, for an analog PLL the Phase detector is made with an analog device, but with digital PLL is made with a digital device. The rest of the PLL still remains analog.

pll logic gate

what's the advantages and disadvantages between the analog PLL and digital PLL?
(except the good linearity of analog PLL)

digital pll design

What is the most efficient way to simulate a digital PLL?
SPICE or some kind of MS simulator like Verilog-A?

Thanks

pll analog multiplier

I prefer use Matlab for PLL system simulation. After that , you can use Hspice for detailed circuit simulation.

analog vs digital pll

the PLL is a system , then u must simulate it in system level , and then begin to go through Verilog A , and then circuit

so u can begin with MATLAB , then go to MS simulator ,

u have cadence tools is very good in this issue

khouly

simulation pll spice flip flop

The digital PLL have many advantages such as lower cost,easier fabrication,drift-free components and absense of tolerance problesms.

all analog pll

Isn't digital PLL made of all digital components such as FF, logic gates?

difference between analog pll and digital pll

digtal PLL: digital PFD+charge pump+LPF+VCO, most porpular now;
all digtal PLL: digital PFD+digital low pass filter+DCO, it have high phase noise, for example, MT4409 from Zarlink;
analog PLL: analog PFD+LPF+VCO.

dpll algorithm digital pll

Hi,

Could anybody tell me breefly:
1- What is the role of each component od a DPLL (digital PFD+charge pump+LPF+VCO) ?
2- Explain how all this component generate together the clock signal ?
3- When designing a DPLL, what component should be done first ?
Thanks in advance.

difference between digital pll and analog pll

liuyonggen_1 said:
could you tell me the difference and similarities between digital PLL and analog PLL?

the frequency of digital PLL is not continuous.
the analog PLL frequncy is continous.

Status
Not open for further replies.