Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital output on PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljy4468

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone?

I've seen TI ADS5500 Evaluation board.(pipeline ADC 14bit 125MS/s)
and all digital output, clk output pass through 0-ohm resistor.

why digital signal pass through 0-ohm resistor?
what's the effect?

please tell me why.
thanks in advance.

I think the 0-ohm resistor is being used as a placeholder. It is much easier to put 0-ohm resistors (using them as jumpers) when you are using automated pick-and-place machines. Now the reason that they are leaving this as a placeholder is in case there are oscillations on the clock line, they can put some resistance in the 30-50 ohm range to compensate. By oscillations, I mean that if the clock pulses don't look square and if they have some ringing at the rising and falling edges.

Best regards,
v_c

0 ohm resistor gives an option for it to be replaced by another non-zero resistor, in case there is some SI issues. The non-zero resistor will dampen the non-desired effects on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.