Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Filters and Convolution in dsPIC or any uController

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaven

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a question that I hope I can ask clear enouph, here goes...

When programming for a low pass digital filter, how do you implement that onto an input signal, say a waveform. Do you take the FFT of the signal after A/D and multiply them together, or do you convolute them in the time domain? What is the proper way?

The reason I am asking is I want to implement a digital filter in a dsPIC using either C or Basic. I am not too familiar with Assembly. How would one code for that, it is confusing me! Can someone please give me a simple example or explanation for an implementation in a language other than Assembly? I understand the theory behind it, just have no experience in implementation.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Digital Filters and Convolution in dsPIC or any uControl

Look at Microchip application notes section. There are examples for IIR and FIR filters (I've forgtot wheter theay are for C or assembly).

Good example in C is TI's introduction to oversamplig theory:
https://focus.ti.com/lit/an/spra461/spra461.pdf . Here you will find implementation of Moving average low-pass filter for ADC.

scaven

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Digital Filters and Convolution in dsPIC or any uControl

Thank you very much for the help, thats what I was looking for!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.