Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital electronic projects help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

charick

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i am Abdalla Jarik, Electrical and Electronic Engineering undergraduate (medical electronic) student, i am a second year first semester, i have a project in my digital electronic subject, could anybody help me out and give some ideas about digital electronic projects. not very complex and complicated one. i am much interesting some thing new and creative.
thanks.

Abdalla Jarik.

You can make 'Heart rate monitor'. There are many plans on internet.

i appreciate your help, but i want this project to be a digital project rather than analog, besides that as a third semester student i can not deal with the micro controller and the microprocessors, i want a logic project and yet a very unique one, or may be two different simple projects combined together to make a new application will be useful to me too...
thank you once more again...

abdalla

The constraints you place on the project, i.e., no analog, no microcontroller, severely limit what you will be able to do. From a medical standpoint, most things begin as analog, such a blood pressure, blood glucose, temperature, etc. The lack of a microcontroller will limit the amount of logic/timing yo can do.

You might want to consider something that measures human response and use simple logic to compare different subjects. There are some very interesting experiments that compare human to animal (monkey) in ability to distinguish numbers and friend or foe. (Example: Flash a screen with 8 dots, then one with only 7. Ask which had more dots.) Here are some references in the popular media to that type of study. If it is an area you want to pursue, let us know and I will find some better articles.

**broken link removed**
Monkeys Keep Turning Out to Be Smarter than People Think They Are - Softpedia

The studies are often done using monitors to present the challenges. That would probably not fit within the constraints you place. However, you could use flash cards to present the challenges. Also, I assume you neither have nor want access to monkeys. For a project, you could apply the same principle of testing to a few friends -- maybe compare female to male response, old to young, hunters to non-hunters, gamers to non-gamers, math majors to history majors, etc.

Finally, the electronic part could use logic to determine response speed and correctness of your subjects. That is, something similar to a game or quiz show buzzer. If you search on that term you will get many hits. Here are just the first three I got so you can see what I mean:

Game Circuits
**broken link removed**
Quiz Show Buzzer System using Staples Easy Button

John

Edit: Additional thought

Here's another idea: Have a series of switches to enter a truth table. Then have your circuit determine what type of gate was entered. The answer for each gate type could be shown with an LED.

Last edited:

'Reaction Timer' is a device which detects human reaction to an impulse. A LED is lit after a certain interval . When light glows, a timer starts. They person has to react fast to push a button which stops timer. The reading on display shows the time taken to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.