Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital counter with cd4510 and cd4511 as decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

john120

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey ,who can help me developing a digital counter with cd4510 and cd4511 as decoder;I would like to count from 00-99
I tried to connect the carry output of the first counter to the carry input of the second counter and driving both with a common clock but ,it does not work correctly!!

Re: Dgital counter with cd4510 and cd4511 as decoder

The parallel clocking scheme given in the datasheet is supposed to work. Did you set correct levels to all control inputs? Are you sure to have a clean clock without bounces?

yes all are clear but when I connect the clock to the second counter the first stops working!!

That doesn't sound reasonable. Some serious hardware error must be expected. Or a very strange clock. In the standard cascaded circuit, there's no feedback from the first (tenth) to the second (ones) counter. Or is your circuit different somehow?

counter cd4510 and cd4511

I sorted it out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back