Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital Class D amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarken

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now i am doing the digital Class D amplifer( digital PWM). When reading the sampling , i encounter some doubts: natural sampling and uniform sampling. They said that the natural requires a very high clock frequency( ex 48khz sampling rate with 12 bit resolution requires 48khz x 2^12) for high resolution.. I dun know why and also dun know what is the clock they mention here. Anyone knew how to answer ??

Thax

As I know, if data is 12 bit resolution, PCM code has 2^12 different value, so that means the pulse width of PWM must has 2^12 different width. and we need a clock frequency of 2^12 times PCM clock to convert PCM to PWM in a one PCM clock.
So, the high clock frequency is 48kHz*2^12.

Ryan

thank ryan a lot .

Those information is very useful.

Added after 7 minutes:

i encounter another problem , and really wanna to ask you

About my DPWM system , it will receive the PCM signal ( with 16 bits and 44.1khz) and transfer to 12 bits and 200 khz sampling. I want to know

1) since i receive the PCM signal , and it related to the Compact Disk (CD 44.1khz and 16 bits ) , i want to know how the player detect the information from CD

2) PCM signal : before the PCM sigal producing , we need to sampling and quantize the signal right ? but for PCM case , the quantize is unsigned value ( 0 -> 2^16 -1) or signed value

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.