Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital circuit simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdo48

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
logic circuit simulation software open source

i'm looking for a digital logic simulator for a small project of mine: should be a program easily interfacable from c (because the c code will generate the electronic circuits). in fact i'd prefer to have the source code and i probably will end up writing my own if i find nothing suited for my task. does anybody know about such a simulator (no spice, thank you :smile:? I need the minimum: basic 2-input logic gates and that's it.
Otherwise, what are the pro/cons of unit delay time and event based simulations?
Thx.

dcs digital circuit simulator

you mean you need a logic level simulator such as VCS? Not quite grasp your idea. Also you're saying you have c code to generate the circuits? You mean you're writing a behavioral model using sth. like verilog PLI?

For small logic simulator, maybe you can try veriwell (based on verilog), it's free and small.

java protoboard simulation

I know some open-source digital circuit simulators, but they are written in Java.
I think it may be useful for you to learn how they were implemented in case you want to implement such a simulator by yourself.

writing circuit in verilog logicworks 5

are you going to implement delay times and such? if not, i suggest something like vhdl or verilog for behavorial simulation of your digital circuit. you can d/l a free 30-day lic from **broken link removed** and get books anywhere. else you can get something like a@l?t*e@r?a free m*a*x software and use it to write ahdl or vhdl code and simulate w/ their wave simulator

Last edited by a moderator:

There is a program call LogicWorks https://www.logicworks4.com which is made by the Capilano Computing Systems.

This program should meet you needs nicely. It is $80.00 (US) via amazon.com. Sorry, I don't know where one can find an evaluation copy of this program.

Use Multisim, for digital simulation.
You can discribe your hardware in VHDL code and then simulate it.

Take a look at

**broken link removed**

Hi tdo48

Take a look at these links:

sal.kachinat*ch.com/Z/1/ind*x.shtml
fid*s.f*.uni-lj.si/spic*/
(* = e)

Maybe you can find what you need there.
Gtz

Ooops

I forgot to mention the following link:

w$w-2.cs.cmu.*du/~hans*n/tkgat*/
(* = e)

which may be very interesting for you coz it's a digital event-driven simulator which comes under GPL with full source code.
Regards

If you want something simple, you can have a look for dcs (digital circuit simulator). The demo currently version 1.1 and was developed under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. But I'm not sure whether it can interface with c or not.

I will post the link later

Hi;

NC*Verilog from C*a*d*e*n*c*e maybe the fastest simulator for verilog. U can try it.

As previously mentioned,

The link is:

h**p://www.eiffel-forum.org/archive/lizza/dcs.htm

have a look

Dear sir:
I always keep doubtting on simulation. For it need so many models and times. If a company have no acculation in this domain, what a big effort will cost! And , the simulate result..,does it really effective?
Any opinion...

Simulation is just a simulation of an actual thing. So it may not behaves as it should be under actual conditions.

However, with good simulator, at least you can have a first look how thing going to behave before you put it on protoboard.

I like mult*s*m, very good component databases (the thing that you are going to actually) and you can vary the tolerence.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back