Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital 0-10V signal to 0-110V signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kova

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all guys,

I have a "serious" problem with 2 interfaces..I explain better :).
I have an interface with 4 digital outputs that works with 0-10VDC level and I have another interface with 4 digital inputs that works with 0-110VDClevel.
My question is simple: is there some way to 11x amplify the output digital signals to adapt to the other inputs?

I tried to search some DC-DC boost converter (single power supply at 24VDC, it would be great :D) but without any luck :(

Some idea/help?
Thank you very much in advance for any response.

Bye :)

Last edited:

If mechanical relays aren't an option, DC capable solid state relays should be fine. The answer depends on intended switching speed and frequency, as well as input current of the digital inputs.

I presume that a 110V DC voltage is already available.

Reactions: Kova

Kova

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi FvM

Thanks for the answer!

I can't use the 110V power supply (only 24VDC!!) otherwise the relay solution would be great!!!
So I have to try to find a solution to "convert" these 0/10V signals to 0/110V (the input currents are 100mA).
But at the moment I think that it is a little bit impossible to do this....damn it :D

P.S.
The interface that works with 110V signals is supplied with 24VDC but the inputs require the 110VDC (inside there is a step down converter!!)
Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

But the constrain is that in the lab (for safety purpose) it is not possible to use the 110V power supply (only 24VDC!!) otherwise the relay solution would be great!!!
So I have to try to find a solution to "convert" these 0/10V signals to 0/110V (the input currents are 100mA).

It's up to you to solve this contradiction in terms.

You'll either have to use 110V auxilary supply or can't use the device that requires 110V. Safety wise, it doesn't matter if the 110V are sourced by a "power supply" or a "DC/DC- converter", which is just another kind of power supply. 110V/100 mA isn't save and needs sufficient insulation. You surely want to have the 110v circuit isolated from low voltage, by a relays or similar device. In case of doubt, safety rules will require isolation anyway.

I don't believe, by the way, that a "digital input" consumes 100 mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back