Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

diffrence between these two inverters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharatsmile2007

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all...

whats the difference between these two inverters,i mean the advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks all...

Nothing. There is no distinction between drain and source.

the ciruit 1 is not inverter :)

Added after 6 minutes:

In general, the first has voltage gain close to one, lower output resistance, is able to sink and source high current, limited output voltage swing. The differnces the same as for common-source and common-drain amplifiers

Can anyone help me out with an inverter circuit with at least a power output of 3000 watts.

yxo said:

Added after 6 minutes:

In general, the first has voltage gain close to one, lower output resistance, is able to sink and source high current, limited output voltage swing. The differnces the same as for common-source and common-drain amplifiers

You would've been right if in the first circuit the top transistor was NMOS and the bottom one PMOS. But as I see from the circuit it is the other way around. So I tend to side with the previous post that says there's no difference.

Check the P and N type transistors. If both are symmetrical, the two inverters are same.

If not... maybe something wrong...

I would say there is no difference.

bharatsmile2007 said:
hi all...

whats the difference between these two inverters,i mean the advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks all...

Is it an examination question for all the members?

sutapanaki said:
yxo said:

Added after 6 minutes:

You would've been right if in the first circuit the top transistor was NMOS and the bottom one PMOS. But as I see from the circuit it is the other way around. So I tend to side with the previous post that says there's no difference.

Yes, Thank you I was a little bit inattentive. You´re right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back