Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diffrence between RTC with DS1307 and RTC with Microcontroller Timer[Sleepm mode]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am already designed Cloack by using PIC16F72 , but here am not using RTC chip ,instaed of that am using 32.768Khz X-tell to the Timer[Which will work on sleep] and when power failure happend then Chip[ will go to Sleep mode , But problem is After one month Time variation is there [2min] . So if am using DS1307 RTC chip , Can i remove this error? if yes how its happening? , because same X- tell is using in both designing.

The time difference may have a few causes, but I suspect the problem is the crystal. Check the characteristics of your component and maybe select a better one.

DS1307 don't measure the time more precisely, but has other interesting features, like a full date/time calendar and ultra-low consumption.

Reactions: ismu

ismu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back