Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential vs. SIngle ended Charge Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer4ever

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI, :)

I am designing a differential charge pump, but I was thinking if it's right to use two single ended charge pumps instead of a differential charge pump, beacuse I don't want to use a CMFB circuit, so I am thinking to use two single ended charge pumps; one with input UP and DOWN and the second with input UP-BAR and DOWN-BAR, and each charge pump output will be connected to a loop filter and the outputs of the loop filters will be the differential input of the ring VCO. Is that correct?

'Charge pump' suggests you are making a voltage multiplier built from diode-capacitor (Villard) cells.

'Single-ended' suggests you are driving it from pulsed DC.

It is possible to do this, although you will need more stages to obtain a given output, whereas an AC supply would require fewer stages.

It is even possible to create a negative charge pump from DC pulses.

'Charge pump' suggests you are making a voltage multiplier built from diode-capacitor (Villard) cells.

'Single-ended' suggests you are driving it from pulsed DC.

It is possible to do this, although you will need more stages to obtain a given output, whereas an AC supply would require fewer stages.

It is even possible to create a negative charge pump from DC pulses.

Alright, got it. Thanks for your answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back