Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential to single-ended converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsperAstrum

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need a solution for the following problem in the project I'm working in.

I have a linear position measurement sensor that outputs a sinus and a cosinus wave which are both single-ended. This output is connected to an interpolation device that converts these signals to 2 differential RS422 square wave signals (A,A/,B,B/). A DAQ card (NI PCIE6321) is supposed to read these signals through its analog 32bit counter input for position measurement but it requires the signals to be single-ended.

So I need a custom circuit or a device (it'd be better if it's off the shelf) that can convert a differential square wave signal to a single-ended one. It also needs to work fast since our original sinus signals are approx. 100 Hz and we need real time position measuring. I searched through the internet but couldn't find any direct answers to my question. I am fairly new to the subject so I can elaborate if I wasn't clear on certain points. Thank you all who respond in advance.

A traditional RS-422 driver puts out a TTL level signal
pair and the true output is usable single-ended. The ones I
designed had each phase built as a single ended driver
and the phase-split was way back in the logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back