Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differential ring oscillator problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppat2006

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i have attached a research paper. it shows one differential lc ring oscillator (fig 3.). i want to know how to vary tail current bcoz i want to show dependence of tail current on phase noise.i want to do this in mentor graphics da-ic tool.

Attachments

• 10.1.1.108.8465.pdf
    244.4 KB · Views: 50

Hi.

I'm not that familiar to varioous cmos circuits.

But to see connections between different factors, I would tell you to try out Geogebra. It has built in spread sheet with complete support for imaginary numbers. Combined with functions like FitLine that calculate the probability line, it's a very useful tool. But you need to take time to get familiar with it.
Latest version (beta with more functions) is to be found here. No need for install, but you must have java installed.

hi

i want to know how to vary tail current QUOTE]

what you mean i want to know how to vary tail current? you can sweep the width of transistor to vary the current(Id is proportional to width) so you can investigate phase noise

thanks. i will vary width and see the changes

Status
Not open for further replies.