Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential amplifier opamps common-mode gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmdrdo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm having a hard time deriving for equations 10-8 -10-9.
1592422056385.png

1592422080008.png

i tried adding equations 10-6 and 10-7 but still can't proceed to proper derivation. Any help is appreciated.

i tried adding equations 10-6 and 10-7 but still can't proceed to proper derivation.

Sometimes I put a potentiometer at the inverting input, to make it easy to vary gain.

It also helps clarify something about how gain works in the op amp: The input grabs a portion of the incoming voltage (R1) and a portion of the output voltage (R2). Somewhere in the inverse feedback relationship (somewhere) is a certain amount of gain.

That function can be defined by a simple formula (-R2/R1), but then you need to throw in the effect of the non-inverting input, making it more complicated, doesn't it?

op amp potentiometer gain adjust min to max.png

I suppose it's possible to merge the equations into one equation for some situations but maybe not for all situations.

I guess my reply doesn't solve your question but we can see that a lot goes on within an op amp.

This might help, attached.

Regards, Dana.

Attachments

• CMR Analysis IA.pdf
    170.7 KB · Views: 65

Attachments

• Bob Pease Lab Notes Part 9.pdf
    15.5 MB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com