Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different types of discharging effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

walters

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are some Discharging effects? i know diodes and capacitors can produces some discharging waveform effects what are some networks or waveforms that can be done with discharging?

How does a network or circuit discharge?

How looking at AC polarity flips how do u look at at circuit at a discharging way?

Re: Discharging effects

Discharging Timings ?

Discharging Paths?

Discharging Curves?

decay voltage or dischange voltage does it look like a Fall time?

So capacitors and inductors are the only discharging components?

When does a Capacitor or inductor start to dischange? when the AC polaritys switch? or with the voltage or current is shut off with a switch?

If a Transistor or Tube thats be charged with voltage or current can't a Tube or Transitor Dischange into the Load or dischange back to the Input?

Discharging effects

A capacitor will begin to discharge as soon as the AC voltage polarity changes. A inductor will begin to discharge as soon as the AC current polarity (rising or falling) changes. Under steady DC voltage a cap is a no-connect and an inductor is a short. Basically caps are voltage controlled devices and inductors are current controlled.

Thanks for the information

When looking at a Schematic of a Power supply or Preamp or Power amp how and where are the Dischanging Points around at? do i just look for Capacitors and inductors and see what Loads they are hooked up to ? or is there more and other "discharging Paths"? how do i find the discharing paths in a schematic where should i start or look for?

Discharging effects

That's a bit over my head, but to start with you should take a look at the output and work your way back from there. Power supplies are easiest to start with, and the simplest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back