Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different Port Zo between using 1 mode and 5 modes in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouLinux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Just a few questions in HFSS. As I ran Port Only simulation and I have found a suitable wave port dimension (only 1st mode propagates at the frequency of interest) for a microstrip line simulation. Then, by fixing to this optimum port dimension, I ran Port Only simulation again. Now, I set the number of modes in the wave ports to be 1 and 5, and I compared the results from these two settings.

I have found that, for 1 mode, the Zo of the port is equal to 54 Ohm, while for 5 modes, Zo became 50 Ohm ...

How does this difference come from ? And, on which case that I should rely on the result ??? I mean, is it necessary to change the number of mode to 1 after obtaining the port dimension that results in no propagation of higher order modes ??

Thanks a lot for every reply,

DYL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back