Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] different cmos process

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun2011

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
I am new to analog layout ...can anyone tell wats the difference between different cmos process like 180um and 90um....pls explain in detail...these differences are baisically based on wat??

regards
arun

Hi,

If you are designing electronics devices using different CMOS technologies inside some components, it does not matter terribly much. The um -figures you mention refer to the internal feature sizes ("line widths") of the circuits. Of course, those dimensions have consequences to the performance and other properties of the cmos-based component. The dimensions tell more about the process technology used than properties of the part.

However, look rather closely at the data sheets and application notes from suppliers. The most relevant things for electronics circuitry and device design are usually expressed on data sheets, and measured often in units closer to electronics world, such as Volts, Ohms, Decibels, milliAmps and nanoseconds. And very seldom in um, ml or mg. Application notes give ideas for the circuitry around the chips, and can give sometimes pretty smart cookbook-solutions.

br ted

tanks for ur reply ted....from the analog layout point of view .13um , .18um are different technologies my question is exactly on wat basis they r different??i mean is it the minimum gate length or sometng like that

regards
arun

Minimum gate length and minimum lithrographical distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back