Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

different between rise time ,fall time and turn on delay, turn off delay intransistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxt_

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all,
Greetings, i want to know the difference between rise time ,fall time and turn on delay, turn off delay in transistors. and how it affects something like speed control motors. i mean if i need the motor to be run at specific frequency and my delay is 10ns for this particular frequency. do i have to look in the transistor's datasheet and check for the rise & fall time so that i can add extra delay for the switching to get the exact frequenct?! . and what particulary i should look for?! the rise time, fall time. or the turn off,turn on delays?! or both! . kindly tell me how to manage this. and if there is an specific equations to do that i'll appericiate that.

Reagrds,

These times will set things like minimum on / off time, add some duty cycle
distortion / limits. Rise / fall times as a fraction of period are a good indicator
of switching losses. But datasheet attributes are also very dependent on the
conditions, and your power stage may or may not bear much resemblance.
Particularly, "small signal" vs "switching" transistors and applications will
differ particularly in things like saturation & recovery (turnoff) behavior,
and this region is very dependent on bias and temperature (for BJTs),

Status
Not open for further replies.