Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differences between 16f84a and 16f84.

Status
Not open for further replies.

myanm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody!
I'd like to know the differences between 16f84a and 16f84. And what is Ghost location? Pls do me a favour.
Thanks in advance

Re: how different...

Salam
The A-type has a maximum oscillator frequency of 20 MHz (instead of 10 MHz).
There are some small timing differences, of which the most important seems to be: MCLR low puls width, erase/program cycle time.
see this table:

this link contains the details about the fifferences between the 16f84 and 16f84AA

https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/30072b.pdf
hope that help u
Salam
Ahmed

16f84 and 16f84a.....

hi hi!
Thanks a lot ,eng_ahmed22. I come to realize how different bet: 16f84 and 16f84a. But I can not apply it yet. Can the program work correctly if I burn the 16f84a with the program of 16f84? What is the Ghost location? Pls tell me.
Thanks in advance.

Re: how different...

hi guys,
my name is wasim and iam newly joined memeber in this group plz post the topics on atmel 89c51

Re: 16f84 and 16f84a.....

myanm said:
hi hi!
Can the program work correctly if I burn the 16f84a with the program of 16f84?

HI myanm
i think it will be no problems. try and u will know. and then tell me :)
best regards
:D

Ahmed

Re: 16f84 and 16f84a.....

myanm said:
Can the program work correctly if I burn the 16f84a with the program of 16f84?

This guy is sharing from his experience regarding the right combination of the PIC-type, the programmer (hardware) and the programming software.
**broken link removed**
Take a look at his software page concerning, among other design consideration, to write/erase cycle time and Microchip official answer.
**broken link removed**

myanm said:
What is the Ghost location?

Excuse my ignorance, but where did you heard about ghost location ?

Status
Not open for further replies.