Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference in filter coefficients by MATLAB and by formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabhmimani

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab filter coefficients

Hi all,
i was designing a FIR root raised cosine filter to use for my project of QPSK transmitter for pulse shaping purpose, first thing is I found following impulse response for rrc filter:-
163e473425cfd0f0f03e5a6eb60a478a.png

(taken from wikipedia)
what I was planning to do is find h[nT] and than convolution it with input sequence.
where T is sampling time
Am I doing right or I should modify my approach as there is no mention about cutoff frequency or control on stopband attenuation.

After it I designed a FIR rrc filter using FDA tool of MATLAB, I found out the coefficients using FDA toll than I went in help and found that it uses following formula-

**broken link removed**

and i found coefficients using this formula but they are not matching , why is this and also using the formula i am not getting appropriate response.

Can somone help me why this is happening.

Thank You.

fir matlab coefficient

I used a formula similar to wiki. It is correct. But you must also use the window to control out-of-band radiation. The window also brings ISI, therefore need a compromise between the number of coefficients and the strength of interference.
Result FDAtool or simulink RRC FIR block also correct, perhaps a bad formula in Matlab нelp or you are somewhere wrong. If calculated coefficients correct there would be no ISI in the model of the transmitter-receiver, check it.

fir coefficients in matlab

Thanks for reply.
I also wants to know using this formula:-
**broken link removed**
(from wikipedia)

How can I control cutoff frequency or stopband attenuation?

cut off frequency with filter coefficients

saurabhmimani said:
How can I control cutoff frequency or stopband attenuation?

Сutoff frequency is given by Ts and roll-off factor(see Proakis Digital Communications), stopband attenuation is given by window and number of coefficients(see FDAtool).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back